The NHS has been a national treasure much envied by people around the world. However it has become unwieldy and even hijacked by private enterprise keen to take advantage of a break up of its parts. The Government has been encouraging Foreign private companies setting up with a ready stream of nhs patients. Now American health companies are interested in taking over the management of the nhs which can only mean splitting it up and making it more of a private health service. So what will become of our NHS set up after world war II and has been a beacon to all other countries where the health service is not free, hence the health tourists that are not prevented from visiting here regularly to have their operations free.
London is experiencing a crisis with the sheer numbers that need treatment, especially in maternity departments where there are not enough midwives to deal with the influx arriving from around the world in the latter stages of pregnancy.
The Government has even been paying Polish women to return to their country for the births because of the overcrowding.
Billions of £ are being spent on translators in hospitals because of the demand by overseas visitors and those moving here who do not speak English. If you have been to a doctor or hospital overseas were you provided with an interpreter? – It is very unlikely.
The Government is coping with this crisis by cutting hospital A & E’s and even some profitable hospitals. With the population ever-increasing we need more hospitals not less.
We have many retirees coming back from Spain because of the economic crisis and the fact that they are now charging for medical treatment – so much for reciprocal arrangements that Pro EU MP’s keep repeating.
How can we change this?
1) All those moving to this country – however they come be they migrants, asylum seekers etc have to take out insurance to cover health costs. We are seeing a great deal of people arriving in this country with health issues like TB and even HIV. When our own people in England cannot get the drugs for breast cancer treatment because of rising costs, it makes a mockery that thousands of people unchecked are pouring in to this country who immediately sign up for treatment which they could not afford in their own country.
2) We must have a points system for entering this country and we must in this day and age be able to count them in and out accordingly. It is an excuse to fudge
the numbers which ultimately undermines the economy of this country at all levels
as it is the infrastructure that needs to be addressed before having an open door policy for all. If America, Australia, New Zealand, Canada etc can operate an electronic system that counts and screens people automatically – then why can’t we?
3) We must say No to Health Tourists and have some guts to do so before this island sinks without trace from being overwhelmed with the demands put upon it.
4) What else can we do about this ? As it is our problem and if we don’t solve it now we are all, including our future children lost in the destruction right now of a country we are proud at the moment to belong to.
5) Do you have any suggestions or concerns about the NHS?